About Us

In our normal lives Ed is a teacher and Helen is a geneticist. Last year, Helen finished her PhD, so we decided it was the best time to set off on a long dreamed of trip to China by bike. Ed reluctantly gave up a great job, but as he put it: "It's about time I went to see some of the places I teach about". In the end, we reached China and cycled over 15500 km. We are now back in the UK. Thank you to all the wonderful people who looked after us on our trip. We often felt humbled by the kindness of strangers.

Thursday, 20 August 2009

Germany - the land of AMAZING bakery products


We really enjoyed our ride up the Rhine, but when we reached the "German corner" at Koblenz we made a decision to change the plan and head up the more rural Mosel valley. The route was stunning, with vinyards clinging to the edges of the valley, but you will just have to trust me about that as none of the internet facilities we have found so far seem to use broadband so we can't upload any photos just now... we will try again soon.
We are now in Luxembourg, which is a really spectacular city. Definitely glad we made the detour. But again, I hope we will be able to upload some photos soon...
I am very worried that my stomach will be expanding despite all the cycling, so glad we have left German bakeries behind.
E

No comments:

Post a Comment