About Us

In our normal lives Ed is a teacher and Helen is a geneticist. Last year, Helen finished her PhD, so we decided it was the best time to set off on a long dreamed of trip to China by bike. Ed reluctantly gave up a great job, but as he put it: "It's about time I went to see some of the places I teach about". In the end, we reached China and cycled over 15500 km. We are now back in the UK. Thank you to all the wonderful people who looked after us on our trip. We often felt humbled by the kindness of strangers.

Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Thank you!

Thanks so so much to everyone who has supported our journey this far by donating to CARE international UK.

CARE support a lot of projects in the Balkans. For more info see http://www.care.org/careswork/countryprofiles/45.asp.

We were glad to notice that the tourist office in Visegrad (Bosnia and Hercegovina) had received support from CARE to produce literature to promote the area. One of CARE's primary aims is to be involved in projects that allow people to help themselves.

If you would like to find out more about CARE and how to sponsor us, then there is a link to our fundraising page at the side of the blog.

Visegrad is a UNESCO world heritage site and is also near spectacular canyons, but tourism to the area suffered greatly following the conflict in the 90's.

4 comments:

  1. Helen and Ed,...please check your hotmail, about your Albania map.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone reading this has Ed and Helens mobile number could you please send them a txt urgently and tell themto check their emails. We are cycle tourists as well and met them a couple of days ago and ended up with a map of theirs. We have left it somewhere for them to pick up but they need to check their emails to find out where,.....THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kafhenderson for your thoughtfulness. I phoned them and all is well.
    Glendornie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys! I signed up for blogspot JUST to say hi to you. I met you guys in... Vienna maybe? My name is Andrew, I was with the two girls Ashley and Meredith and I was having a hell of a time finding a hostel, if that jogs your memory. Just saying hi! Send me an e-mail, Arhat.Eves@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete